Having completed the initial learning path for Module Two I had started to put some thought into what context I should use for the next assessment piece for EDC3100. After participating in the previous learning activity I think I’d really like to base my unit plan around a Year 8 History class, perhaps examining the cause and effects of the Black Plague. The learning objectives that I have found related to this year level and syllabus are as follows;
- Sequence historical events, developments and periods (ACHHS148)
- Use historical terms and concepts(ACHHS149)
- Identify a range of questions about the past to inform a historical inquiry(ACHHS150)
- Identify and locate relevant sources, using ICT and other methods (ACHHS151)
- Use a range of communication forms (oral, graphic, written) and digital technologies (ACHHS157)
Historical Knowledge and Understanding;
- The causes and effects of events and developments
- The significance of individusals and groups and how they were influenced by the beliefs and values of their society.
Questioning and Reasoning;
- Development of discerning focus questions to frame a historical inquiry when researahcing
- Analysis, discriminating selection and organistion of information from a wide range of primary and secondary sources.
Analysing and Interpreting;
- Identifies origins and purposes
- Uses historical terms and concept effectively in appropriate contexts
- Organises and presents logical and valid historical arguments following format, style and referencing conventions
- Integrates evidence from sources correctly and consistently references sources of information
I’m sure that as I progress further into devising this assessment piece these may need to be modified to reflect the Unit, however at this stage I’m feeling confident with what I have planned so far.